One question I have asked over the years is, " What is God's highest priority ?"
Because whatever His priority is, it should be ours also.
God's priority is to glorify Himself. He is the self-glorifying God.
He delights and revels in HIs own glory.
For instance, Proverbs 16:4) "The Lord works out everything for His own ends".
Again in Psalm 115:3) "our God is in the heavens, He does whatever pleases Him".
Isaiah writes in chapter 46:9) "I am God and there is no other; I am God and there is none like me.
I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say,'my purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please."
Jesus embraced the cross because of the delight that it brought His Father.
And the Father absolutely delighted in the sin-covering, death conquering obedience of His Son Jesus.
Therefore if God's priority is to glorify Himself and Jesus priority was and is to glorify His Father,
our priority then should be to glorify the Father.
One of the ways God glorifies Himself is to draw people to Himself, rescuing them from sin and destruction. The other way He is glorified is to empower His people to be obedient to His commands.
No comments:
Post a Comment