Gooday,
Last month Merle and I attended a seminar called "Family Foundations International".
Come March we are attending a conference about this ministry with the speaker being Craig Hill the initiator of the ministry.
Again In April there is a training time in which we are interested.
Our aim is to get to the place where we can organise and conduct this family ministry in our local area.
The two m ain words that describe the ministry are: Identity ( who am I) and Destiny (where am I headed).
The ministry is based upon our Jewish roots. As non-Jews we have been grafted into the New Covenant and therefore all the promises and blessings of that Covenant are ours as well. As with the Jewish people so it is, probably more with us non-Jews we need to get back to the 'Ancient Paths'.
The ministry is all about husbands and wives blessing each other and parents blessing their children at different levels of their human growth.
Merle and I are in the process of establishing a change in our family culture. For Instance, each Friday night when we eat dinner we then tell each other what are those things that we enjoy about each other, we then pray for each other followed by celebration of communion and pray for each other. I must confess it felt a little arkward after 49 years of marriage but then any change of culture is always going to feel a bit strange.
But one thing I do know that when we began to bless each other something positive took place in the spirit realm.
There is so much more to be said about this area of blessing ministry but what I have written is enough for now. We hope you are travelling well in your relationships.
No comments:
Post a Comment